An Architectural Technician is required to join a practice based near Guildford paying up to...
An Architectural Technician is required to join a practice based near Guildford paying up to £35k
Your new company
A practice made up of Architectural designers and building surveyors based in Dorking are looking to expand. This small firm operates in an open plan office with free parking and uses Archicad.
Your new role
Due to an increase in workload they are looking to employ an Architectural Technician with a strong background in construction. You will be familiar with UK building regulations and have experience working on residential and commercial projects.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have a keen interest on the technical side and be willing to deal with clients and site visits aswell as producing the detailed and working drawings.
The REVIT/CAD Operator is an imperative part of the design process. You will use Auto CAD and REVIT to prepare HVAC systems from rough or general design drawings; insert details, complete equipment schedules and other information necessary to make detailed drawings clear and...
The REVIT/CAD Operator is an imperative part of the design process. You will use Auto CAD and REVIT to prepare HVAC systems from rough or general design drawings; insert details, complete equipment schedules and other information necessary to make detailed drawings clear and complete.
• Work under the direction of engineers and Project Managers to develop construction document packages
• Manipulate/translate various digital file formats in order to create useable CAD/Revit drawings
• Working with client FTP sites to download CAD drawings and Revit models together with project deliverable uploads
• Will work closely with Project Manager and Lead Revit/CAD Manager to review and meet project goals
• Assist in Revit development of standards
• Assist in clash detection of Revit models
• 1- 3 years experience in an M/E/P, Architectural
• Multidisciplinary building systems experience a plus (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing & Fire Protection)
• AutoCAD 2013 proficient
• Revit 2013 proficient
• Understanding of basic drawing setup modeling technique and general knowledge of drafting standards
• Ability to quickly absorb and utilize company-specific techniques, standards and procedures
• Excellent Revit and CAD drafting skills and drawing aesthetics
• Excellent oral and written communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Must have good follow through and self-implemented Quality Control measures
• Able to utilize MS Office, Adobe and Bluebeam package software would be useful
This position requires one of the following:
Master’s Degree (minimum of 18 graduate credits) in Interior Design, Fine Arts, or Architecture. Minimum of seven (7) years of occupational experience in either commercial or residential design
Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Fine Arts, Architecture, Industrial Design or Art History Certification with National Council for Interior Design Qualifications (NCIDQ). Minimum of 7 (seven) years of experience in either commercial or residential design.
Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Fine Arts, Architecture, Industrial Design or Art History. Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in either commercial or residential design.
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
2. Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
1. Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail…)
2. Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
3. Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
1. Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
2. Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems
3. Technology-based Instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
4. Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (eg. social networking applications)
5. (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction